Sunday, December 14, 2008

Mentor

Stress is acting a big deal with the people who are joining as a fresher just out from a college. In this fact, the age of the fresher is just 22 or 23. But the chap can't glue him/her with the corporate culture. They don't even know when they should be cool and when they should be "work hard". In this scenario, I expect the corporate should go with the concept of "MENTOR" technology.

Probably the mentor should not be his immediate boss or reporting manager. In this case, the fresher can have his/her mentor as a good teacher/ friend/ even a lover :)

Personally I feel the mentor culture is must. In HP, there is no concept like this. But in TCS/CTS they do have. I have joined with HP along with 28 members. So we all don't feel bad; I am thinking; if a sole student who has gone for a corporate and the situation would have been a hectic one for him.

I personally (virtually) got Thirukumaran Ramamoorthi as a mentor. He is no more with HP now. But he guided me as much as gentle and lighter. So I don't feel bad at initial level.

Meanwhile, I can say one thing; my friend Prabu, got placed in TCS and he withdrawn his Project Internship due to his mentor's torture and greedy. He told a lame argument for the greedy (Its regarding the salary, unfortunately his mentor is a temporary employee and his salary is a little bit lesser than his stipend.. ha..ha). What is your suggestion?

1. Yes We need Mentor; because the freshers r buds.

2. No; Mentore can ruin the freshers.

3. Fresher need 2 learn on their own; So no 4 Mentor.

4. Etiquette matters a lot; so mentor needs 2 teach them.

hee..hee...Choose your option and vote it in comment side..

0 comments: